Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. -Matthew 11:28
HOW TO HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST
Do you need rest? Have you been losing sleep? Do you worry about the future? If so, I want to share a message that’s really important. I want to share the message of God through His Son Jesus Christ. It’s called the “Good News.”...
When God first created the earth, He created it perfectly. He created man and woman (Adam and Eve) to be friends with Him and to walk side-by-side with Him. They could enjoy all the beautiful things God created and live in a garden called Eden. God told them they were free to eat from any tree in the garden, but they could not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. He told them if they ate from that tree, they would die.
A cunning serpent asked Eve a question - “Did God really say, ‘You can’t eat from any tree in the garden’?” It was the question that planted the seed of doubt in Eve’s mind. And the doubt grew, and Eve gave into the temptation. She took some of the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. She ate it. She gave some to her husband, Adam, and he ate it too. At that moment, everything changed. Sin entered the world through the disobedience of Adam and Eve. Death entered the world. Mankind was now separated from God because we were no longer perfect. We were now sinners. And every person who has ever lived since has been born into a world of sin.
However, there was One who entered the world perfect and sinless. Only One. And His name is Jesus Christ. He was born of a virgin woman and came into the world as every man has. But He is no ordinary man. He is also God. And He came into the world as the way to bring mankind back to God. He came into the world to save us from our sins.
He went to the cross and took the penalty of all your and my sins upon Himself. He paid the sin-debt that we could never pay. Three days later, He rose from the dead, showing His triumph over sin and death. He rose from the dead to give us a new life–a life of eternal perfection, just like back in the garden. He did what we could never do. He gave us the opportunity to be restored to God.
This is the Good News. He paid your sin-debt. You can walk free and receive rest from all your sins and mistakes. He’s taken all of your burdens to the cross. Have you received His free gift?
If not, here’s how:
1. Admit you are a sinner. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” -Romans 3:23
2. Your sin leads to death, but eternal life is God’s free gift to you. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” -Romans 6:23
3. Jesus loves you and paid the debt for your sin. “But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!” -Romans 5:8
4. Believe Jesus died for you and rose from the dead. “If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” -Romans 10:9
5. Ask God to save you, and He will. “For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” -Romans 10:13
YOU CAN PRAY THIS PRAYER TODAY:
Dear God, I believe I am a sinner and that my sin separates me from you. I believe Jesus paid the debt for my sin at the cross. I believe He rose from the dead. I want to turn away from my sinful life and turn to You. Please save me. Amen.
If you prayed this today, please share it with someone you trust. This is just the beginning of a new life in Christ - a life of eternal rest from sin!
By Courtney Silberman